Shan – Tikka
Shan Chicken Tikka Mix helps you prepare mouth-watering, flavorsome and juicy charbroiled chicken to satiate your barbeque craving.
- Spicy Bar-b-Que Chicken
- Ingredients Required – Quantity & Preparation:
- Chicken, skinless – 2 kgs / 2-3 whole chickens meat each divided in 4 quarter portions with 3 deep slits on each portion
- Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger Paste – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice – 8 tablespoons / 4-5 lemons
- Butter/Ghee – 1/2 cup slightly warm / 75g
- Shan Chicken Tikka BBQ Mix – One packet (use less for mild hot)
- STEPS OF COOKING
- 1. Mix all the above ingredients except butter/ghee, and apply the mixture evenly on the chicken pieces. Marinate for about 1-2 hours.
- 2. Put each portion of chicken on the skewer and place it on very low heat of coal/gas fire. Grill evenly on each side until very light brown.
- 3. Apply butter/ghee and grill until meat is tender.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS
- Serve hot with fresh salad and tamarind Chutney.
- Serves 6-8 persons.
- TIPS FOR BEST RESULT
- Do not over brown while grilling.
- USE: Skinless chicken 800g each= Live chicken 1 1/2 kgs each.
- Chicken Tikka in a Pot©
- Follow the above Chicken Tikka Recipe till Step No. 1. Then apply the butter/ghee over the chicken pieces and place them in a pot. Cover and cook on low heat for 10-15 minute or until fully tender then remove from heat. Separately heat a piece of coal until red hot and place it in a small bowl inside the pot.
- Pour one teaspoon ghee/butter over it and immediately cover the pot. Open after few minutes.
Salt, Red Chilli, Turmeric, Fennel, Cinnamon, Cumin, Brown Cardamom, Black Pepper, Mace, Nutmeg, Star Aniseed, Ginger, Garlic, Citric Acid (E330), Papain, Artificial Food Colours FD & C Yellow 5 & 6 / E102 & E110